Sunday, November 15, 2009

Running with my Imagination

Representing the junior high B team in our freshman year of high school, Hannah and I were the stars of the track program. We were flying high over the hurdles and breaking records left and right. But fast-forward a few years, and the fans are missing, and I am no longer giving my autograph as I finish dead last. I’ve traded in my spikes for Asics, and the track for a sidewalk. It’s taken a little adjustment, but I have somehow managed to work through my loss of fame and recognition. My imagination keeps me going as I jog through the town of Scottsboro. When else can I be Kelly Clarkson or Beyonce? People mention they see me running, and most of them comment that I look in the zone. What a coincidence. Actually, I was probably performing one of Britney’s songs from her “In The Zone” album in front of thousands of people, and if I was looking towards the sky with a smile on my face, I was getting a standing ovation. I am an only child, so sometimes I let my imagination get the best of me. I’m use to entertaining myself. Growing up, I was always pretending to be Jonathan Taylor Thomas’ girlfriend or Shania on stage. Thankfully, I have never grown out of my ridiculousness. It has carried me into my twenties, and provided entertainment for my only child moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment