Friday, November 6, 2009

Keith Cracks the Whip (and it's not Britney style)


“When I crack that whip, everybody gon’ trip…”, “I’m like a firecracker, I make it hot…” and “I run a tight ship, so beware...” are just a few of my favorite lines from Britney Spear’s chart topping jingle. But when my phone bill arrives and the whip is cracked, it doesn’t include Bvlgari diamonds and a show-stopping dance routine. For the second month in a row, my phone bill was $150 over the normal fees. My dad explained, “If you keep it up, that’s $1800 a year.” He was generous to pay it the first time, but the second time, he decided I could pick up the tab. So therefore I have been more careful with my chitchat. For non-Verizon customers, I have to talk on the phone after nine, and if I want to talk before that time, I must resort to the landline. My friend’s have now saved my home phone into their cellular’s. My cordless phone that I used in middle school has been quite popular lately. My grandfather asked me the other day how tips were at the Café. I told him not enough to pay my bills. He said, “Well Chas, I guess you are just going to have to slow down.” In response to my concerned grandfather’s advice, I said, “I don’t think it’s slowing down, I think it’s shutting up.” I always knew I talked a lot, and that I told people too much information about myself, but I never knew that it would lead to financial trouble. My parents have always tried to emphasize the importance of financial decisions. I think they have succeeded quite well. It’s not like I failed finance at Auburn the SECOND time around.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh Chas, the real world has hit for you! Thank goodness the landline isn't obsolete yet! :-)

    ReplyDelete