Monday, November 23, 2009

It's Okay, You're Gonna Pump my Gas Someday

Amanda and I agree, gas stations are dirty, dangerous and full of lurking creepers. Allow me to elaborate. The gas station I normally choose was closed, so I was forced to travel down the street to the local Citco. I hate being thrown off track; it’s never a good thing. Gas stations always throw me for a loop with all those directions they give, “Swipe Quickly” “Select Grade” and “Lift and Begin Fueling”. It’s confusing, and the time between each command is crucial. Gas stations are so intimidating, and as I pulled in, I noticed that the gas pumps looked unfamiliar, so I knew my total attention would be required for the proper procedure. Of course, I thought I was following the instructions, but it was evident that an important action was missing. I just couldn’t figure out what it was, and I was swiping and swiping the credit card. I called my mother. This is quite common. She was sending someone downtown to help me. But before she could send them out the door, I saw a man and flagged him down. He walked over and immediately starting looking in my car, not trying to make any effort to be discreet. Maybe it was Kim Kardashian on the cover of my magazine that caught his eye, but whatever it was, he was interested. My thoughts were Bon Qui Qui’s words, “This dude needs to go”. I thanked him for his time and help even though he never made it to the gas pump. I went inside, and the cashier came out to help and solved all my problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment