Friday, November 13, 2009

Pickles and Ice Cream


For the past several months, I have had a strong desire to be a mother, and I have expressed this desire to whoever will listen. My mother has encouraged dating, and knows that she is far from being a grandmother. Now, nothing of this sort has ever been possible, nor will it ever be possible until I am married, but I do crave to cradle a baby wrapped in a Little Giraffe blanket. I want to love someone and not hold back, invest my life into someone and teach him or her the lessons that God has taught me. I want to have sleepless nights and doctor’s appointments every week. I want to take a stroller on my runs and hold a small hand tight as we cross the street. I’m fully prepared that there could be unpleasant smells and not-so-solid textures. I’ll maintain composure when English peas from a Gerber jar stain my favorite dress. I want to show my family the love, gentleness, patience and compassion that God has shown me. I have studied and read Proverbs 31:10-31 multiple times. It’s a beautiful piece of scripture that displays the character of a Godly wife and mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment