Thursday, November 12, 2009

The CMA Awards

Last night, the awards were given, and the performances were applauded. Brad Paisley and Kimberly Williams-Paisley had me laughing following the announcement of his award, Male Vocalist of the Year, “I would like to thank my wife. Oh, and I actually pointed at the wrong woman on that one.” But she handled it well, as she playfully looked behind her seat. In my mind, she will always be Annie Banks. The girl who said, “I’m at the airport. Our plane’s about to take off, but couldn’t leave without saying goodbye. Thank Mom for everything, okay? And Dad, I love you. I love you very much.” Taylor Swift had not one, but two performances, and she took home the awards for Female Vocalist of the Year, Album of the Year, Music Video of the Year and Entertainer of the Year. Other award-winners include:

Single of the Year: Lady Antebellum, “I Run to You”

Song of the Year: James Johnson and James Otto, “In Color”

Vocal Group of the Year: Lady Antebellum

New Artist of the Year: Darius Rucker

Vocal Duo of the Year: Sugarland

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Darius!!! Obama promised us hope and change and here ya go.....who would have thought that a black man from South Carolina who started out in a rock band and recorded a R&B song with the lyrics "from the rooter to the tooter" (look it up if you think im joking) would win a CMA award?!?!? Congrats Hootie....err, I mean Darius! In closing, Jennifer Nettles is AMAZING....that is all

    ReplyDelete