Sunday, December 27, 2009

U Betta Rek-Uh-Nize!

One Mississippi, two Mississippi, three Mississippi is the charm when it comes to a story about a boy from the projects making it to the NFL. I have seen the movie three times, and each time I still laugh at the same lines from Sandra Bullock. I want her manner and attitude, and my friends say I have it in me, so I flashback to a weekend trip in Positano. We were ready to leave the most beautiful beach in Italy, but to do so, we had to climb hundreds of steps on the side of the town. I felt like the big bad wolf. I huffed and puffed my way to the top where our bus was waiting. In my mind I was thinking, I work out every day, what is my problem. Get your game face on and fight this miserable condition. I reached the top where a few girls had finished before me. I was sweating and I was doubled over due to side stenches. The group wasn’t talking much which never happened. It had taken everything we had to make it to the top. A few locals were gathered where we were waiting on our bus. It wasn’t unusual for us to hear a few whistles and chants of American Girls! I would usually ignore them and carry on, but because of my exhaustion and pain in my side, the Italian had barked up the wrong tree. To my right a man was talking to the group, and no one was paying attention. I was too busy wiping the sweat from my face and looking at me feet with my hands on my knees as I caught my breath. The man was saying a word that sounded like something I did not want to hear, and one that was not appropriate. I thought, oh no he did not, is he trying to hit on us right now. Well, not me and not in this condition. I was not in the mood to be sweet and ignore the remarks. I stood up, looked at the man, pointed my index finger in his direction and said sternly we DO NOT say that word. Everything was silent, probably because the girls were so confused to what I was referring to. A few silent seconds passed and Laura said Chas! He was saying Naples, not ---- Whoops. We all burst into laughter, and Laura and I joked about the incident all summer. Napoli Napoli!!

Favorite line from The Blind Side -“If you so much as set foot into downtown you will be sorry. I'm in a prayer group with the D.A., I'm a member of the NRA and I'm always packing."

No comments:

Post a Comment