Thursday, December 17, 2009

"where the mountains meet the lakes"

Today, I met Mr. Parsons. I was bothered the first time I watched “things to do and places to see…” because I had never met the main character who described the beauty of Jackson County. So when I saw him today, there was no need to beat around the bush. I positioned myself in front of him as I stretched out my right hand. Hi, I’m Chasley, and I just love your video were the words that began our conversation. He explained they were working on another video so stay tuned. This is my hometown where there is always a friendly face around the corner and my dad’s tomatoes win a blue ribbon at the County Fair. The courthouse is where I have a photo shoot every few years to update an expiring driver’s license. I have walked around the square in search of boiled peanuts on Sunday afternoons, and I have watched patriotic firework displays from Goose Pond’s golf course. My grandfather’s retirement party was located at the Heritage Center, and I believe no one has fully experienced Jackson County until they have seen the breathtaking view from Gorham’s Bluff. Golfers, spelunkers and fishermen pack your bags, and don’t worry, if your belongings are lost in transit, you can pick them up at Unclaimed Baggage after you arrive in northeast Alabama.

1 comment:

  1. I want to know who sings the Scottsboro song at the end of the video! Haha!

    ReplyDelete