Sunday, December 13, 2009

Raggedy Ann and Andy


As I returned to the States, I greeted my parent’s in the Atlanta airport with grocery store feet. My Gucci flats broke in Chicago because I was hustling through O’hare with my Keepall 55 in a bear hug and my pink tote falling off my shoulder. I was trying to keep up with Amanda who was determined to make her connecting flight because she had someone special waiting for her in Dallas. Amanda is one of my best friends, and I have forgiven her for ditching me so she could go on her first date with Judd. I was sent off to have a solo night on the dance floor, while they danced the night away at the Fountainview Mansion. I immediately liked them together. They compliment each other, they understand each other and they respect each other. Their relationship is centered on Christ. I brag on them all the time, because I am so amazed. I am so blessed to observe their relationship. These two friends mean so much to me. When I am with them I know I am going to be taken care of. They care about me, just like they care about each other. Judd, I can’t tell you how much it meant to me that you would get to know my family. I looked up at Anna Margaret’s birthday party to see you introducing yourself to my grandmother. On the ride back to Scottsboro, my grandmother commented on how nice you were and explained the conversation between the two of you. Amanda, your actions and love have shown me an example caring friend. Mary Lane Hall is where it all began, and I remember you being the funniest person I had ever met. You have been the friend who would listen to me on the phone as I cried, and given me the Christian guidance I needed. Together, I love you both. I pray for you, and I am thankful and so blessed that I have you. No one can compare, not even Chuck and Blair.

No comments:

Post a Comment