Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Kee-Gee Princesses


This summer, I achieved several lifelong dreams, being VIP at Britney, having my picture on People while stalking Eva and Tony and standing front row while watching Venus and Serena at Wimbledon. My Italian summer could not have been at a better time in my life. I could not have asked for a better group of girls to surround me as I finished my last semester of college. Words can’t express how much this summer meant to me. I will always remember the wonderful relationships that I formed, the laughs and the late nights in the Palace. I can’t thank each and every one of them enough. In the spring, Ellen and the Human Sciences staff prepared us for our summer. Cinzia, Roberta, Maurizio, Rosella, Mary Lou, Marco, our Professors, the Interlinea Group, Franchesco and the staff at the Chigi Palace made us feel welcomed as we were far away from our families. They opened up their homes for us to relax and socialize as they taught us Italian traditions. We could not have asked for anything better than Dr. B. We were so blessed to have Cassandra by our sides, and I am so appreciative we were able to get to know Peak during the month she was with us. Amanda, Laura, Catherine and I have unforgettable memories that we made in our lofted room named Venezia. We rised and shined to Ingrid Michaelson’s Be OK every morning. I miss the movie nights, walks to Genzano for a crepe, bus rides, market Monday’s, group meetings and dinner parties with Lacey, Wallis, Virginia, Jennifer, Hilary, Abby, Sarah Jane, Allie, Sam, Emi, Allie, Rachel, Sarah, Jenna and Katie. As I ran through the town of Ariccia, I would be mesmerized at the natural beauty of a small town located a few miles outside of Rome that God created, where He had allowed me to live for three months. My one word check-in post the Joseph S. Bruno Auburn Abroad program, blessed.


After a summer of traveling and fun,

We can’t believe we’re really done.

To show you what all we appreciate

We’ve gathered our words in a rhyme that’s great.


We’ve seen Rome, Milan, and the Mediterranean Sea.

All because of Cinzia and Dr. B.

We started in Positano which was pretty and sweet.

That’s when we knew for sure we were in for a treat


You showed us landscapes in various shades of green

And we learned how much Dr. B loves Celine.

At Frank’s we had appertivos without a care

And saw Dr. B with Emi’s hair


Cinzia’s our lifesaver, and that’s a fact.

We’re sorry if we never gave our tickets back.

She showed us Nemi, Genzano and Albano BUT

The most useful info was where to get a hair cut


Metros and buses, what more can we say?

Except for Dr. B asking, who has an expert of the day?

Speaking of the bus, we learned in time-

Never ride for hours after too much wine.


No more Palace, no more Euros to lend,

Our time as Italian royalty has come to and end.

So look around the room and hug some necks

As we all complete our final buddy check.


Reporter: Which of the cities visited did you enjoy the most?

Ann: Each, in its own way, was unforgettable. It would be difficult to - Rome! By all means, Rome. I will cherish my visit here in my memory as long as I live.

-Roman Holiday

No comments:

Post a Comment