Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Room with a Tennessee River View

Today, Emily Harmon will be packing her new car, leaving her college town behind, driving to the northeast area of Alabama and pulling in the driveway of 2939. I have been anxiously awaiting her arrival. As well as my family and hometown friends, I have told everyone I can of her visit to Scottsboro, and I have even scheduled her a few dates. She has been well prepared for, as she will be receiving a larger closet than me that is equipped with two windows that overlook our front yard and the scene of many summer memories. She’s been reminding me that I will no longer rule the household as she rolls into town. I was talking to Em, telling her how amazing her time here was going to be. People will see us running around town, buying groceries at Wal-Mart and eating at my local favorites. She is going to meet so many new people. But then, I had a terrible thought. Around here, the closest I have ever come to a boy was a date to the prom. Chasley Bellomy and boyfriends do not exist. So, my horrible prediction was friends and friends of the family would see me out and say, “I saw that Bellomy girl today, with a…. girl.” NOOOO!!

Disclaimer: Em and I have been asked to sit across from the table from a boy, and I would like to think we gave them more than they bargained for. Even though our track records are few and far between, I will hint that if we were in the Olympics, Em would be closer to the Gold Metal. Her competition needs a little more practice.



I feel as though she is made for my hometown. She enjoys the outdoors activities of hunting and fishing, and she appreciates a lazy day on the golf course. She loves a good wilderness tour, so as Chad brings her four-wheeler to Scottsboro, she will be set to go. God placed Em and I in ADPi together, and He is placing us together in Scottsboro. I am beyond blessed.

1 comment: