Thursday, February 25, 2010

All You Need are Legos and Love

Amanda predicted correctly when she said there would be another Anna Margaret Blog soon, since I have just returned from a few days in Auburn. The thing I love most about my relationship with my 5 year-old, blue eyed, blonde cousin is I can love her and not hold back. When I say I Love You, and she doesn’t say anything back, it doesn’t matter. My feelings won’t be hurt, and they are not going to change. Anna Margaret warms my heart. There is nothing like pulling in Derek and Rebecca’s driving way and having Anna Margaret burst out of the front door and run into my arms. On Monday afternoon we tooled around town having lunch at Big Blue Bagel and shopping at my favorite stores Wrapsody and Simply Charming. So after we said goodbye to Amanda and left downtown, I thought I would introduce A.M. to my newest hobby, the library. Yes, I know, as a student, it was the last place I wanted to be, but now as a graduate, I am so intrigued by literature, so I visit my hometown public library quite frequently. I was hoping to get her a library card, but as it turns out, a guardian had to be with her. I probably could have pulled them, oh that’s me card, but I trust that Rebecca or Derek will handle the situation at a later date. So, after we were denied the card, we decided to take a tour of the Library. Anna Margaret loves books, so we chose one book at time, I would read, and she would look as we sat in chairs that forced my knees into my face. After a few books, we decided to entertain ourselves at the Lego’s table. There, we spent the rest of the afternoon. I love Lego’s because I never know what I am going to make until I decide to stop and let my imagination take charge as I take a good look at the finished product. At the table, Anna Margaret sat across from me and beside her was a little boy. I started talking to him, and I learned that his name was Elvin. Elvin then proceeded to ask me if I had a boyfriend. In my mind, I am thinking, great, has it really come to this. A five-year-old is hitting on me! I replied to Elvin’s question with a no, and as I pointed to Anna Margaret I said “…and she’s single too.”

The Love of my Life
Elvin, if you liked it, then you should've put a ring on it.


Loads to Thank!

Amanda: I am craving your Key Lime Cookies, and I don’t know how I made it eighteen years without you.

Judd: You are way to good to me.

Stephanie: Your CD, outstanding. Job Well Done, my tiny little dancer.

Kate, Hannah, Lauren, Abbie and Mary Quince: You got me through high school, and I am so thankful you still take the time out of your busy schedules to bring goodness to my life.

John Price and Luke: I love you both very, very much!! Thanks for always being there.

Ellis: Ellie Boo, I Heart U!!

Katie Norton: You are absolutely brilliant. Your character reflects God, and it shows you love Him deeply. Your house is as cute as your personality!!

Katie Bolt: the Genius Girlfriend. Tom, you are so lucky.

Tom, Adam and Richard: It’s so refreshing to be around such amazing guys.

Aaron and Tiffany: A memorable weekend was had my all, and I am so glad we were able to get to know each other through our Mardi Gras celebration.

Mr. and Mrs. Peavy, Maggie and Mollie: A beautiful family. OK, so I am obsessed with Peavy’s. Thank you so much for allowing us into your house and providing your wonderful hospitality.

Joe: “You can’t trust anyone who floats around on a plank of wood.”-Keith Bellomy. Two peas in a pod I tell ya! If I had a brother, I would want him to be just like you. And this should be jaw dropping considering I have never wanted a brother or a sister. I liked my parent’s world being centered around me, but Joe, I would share it with you.

Luke Wood: The best neighbor ever. Depending on how nice you are, I may or may not post your candid video on Facebook.

Bec and D: You rock my world. Words can’t express how much you mean to me.

Annie Margaret: My bundle of joy.

Annie, Emily, Jordon and Sally: You will always be my roommates, and I will always remember the wonderful memories of 1228.

Tyler: CAMPING TRIP! My favorite moment of our dinner was when you put your cap over your face and said “this conversation is over.” Thank you for always putting up with my questions. Curiosity Kills the Cat.

Jordan: Sorry AM’s Valentine’s Party got in the way of us meeting Furrgie. I am sure she is purrfect just like my Cinnamon Crunch bagel, hazelnut cream cheese and caramel latte!

Mary Jeanne and Leslie: I could have stayed another two hours. Time flies with good company.

Matthew: So great running into you. I remember us watching Auburn football games in the Guthrie’s suite. You were the cool college golfer and I was the quiet ninth grade girl who thought you were super cute. I couldn’t talk to you at 14, but now that I am 21, the words spew out. And it’s not even awkward when you go in for the hug! You’ll probably never read this because you don’t have Facebook, and you have no clue I have a blog, but there is hope that D might tell you about it. After all, he did tell you I was in town.

Tony: Thank you for letting me slow you down on our run. Dern side stenches. Lucky Charms or Bar-B-Que House? What a toss up. But remember the last time we mixed the fraternity house, February and the whole grain cereal? Oh, what a night. I think we chose the obvious. You were the last person I saw before I left. Such a stress free morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment