Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Me and Mim J

“Mine and Chasley’s relationship began when we were both babies in The First Baptist Church Learning Center” were the words I heard as the friendship between Mary Jeanne and me was shared with our high school. There I was, standing in front of students, teachers and parents with tears running down my cheeks. I wouldn’t be who I am today if it were not for her. The Mary Jeanne and Chas snap shots are countless as field trips and family vacations are recorded in my scrapbooks. Mary Jeanne was the pink friend, and I was the blue friend. It never failed, she was pretty and preppy as she portrayed Kelly while I was stuck imitating Zach Morris or Jessie Spano. She always had the best dresses, the latest Nintendo 64 game and a Madame Alexander doll collection that would make Candy Spelling jealous. I know she will always be there, because she has always been by my side through everything. In our senior year of high school, Mary Jeanne was there for me when my grandfather passed away. She was the first friend to call, the first friend to visit me at my grandmother’s house and the friend who stayed with me after the funeral. Among my bridesmaids, there is no way I could choose one girl to be my Maid of Honor. I want them to be arranged in the order of how long I have known them. Well, Mary Jeanne will be standing right beside me at the altar, since we have been together since we were both babies in The First Baptist Church Learning Center.

Diaper Duty: Two Pumpkins in the Patch

The First Baptist Church
Chad Holland was on the move in the balcony.

Law, I love to sing. I can't believe my mother dressed me in the same Christmas attire two years in a row. Such a crime.

Birthday on Clemons Road

Nature's Classroom 1999

The Bellomy's Destin Vacation
Strawberry Daiquiris and Limited Too Tankinis

2 comments:

  1. I love this post!!! You girls are such a dream team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pics are awesome....but who is the girl picking her nose in the choir pic?

    ReplyDelete