Monday, February 1, 2010

Lincoln Logs

Besides being a Coyote Ugly, I have always wanted to be Elly May Clampett, the girl who could out shoot the boys while practicing for an upcoming dove season and the girl who could throw the football farther than the rest. I am all about granny get your gun, so recently I have been trying to talk my dad into buying a piece of land where he can build a cabin. I have been cutting out pictures from Southern Living of my ideal cabin in hopes we will one day have something similar in the family. I want to send my children here for the summer, so they can see how I grew up. I want my dad to teach them how to shoot a gun, and I want my mother to educate them with her knowledge of antiques. I want them to fumble through the woods while black berry picking and then make a cobbler from my grandmother’s family recipe. I want them to learn the ways of the garden and to spend Saturday mornings at the Bake Shop. Camp Bellomy will be the theme of my children’s summers in Scottsboro.

2 comments:

  1. So tell me Elly May, how does huntin' them there birds and such work with those high flutin' Gucci shades?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't you heard? My Gucci shades have been permanently placed in a secured location. Cavalli. Roberto Cavalli. Get it right.

    ReplyDelete