Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Carry On, Kick Line

My dad and I share the same humor. We make each other laugh, and my favorite moments are when he puts his head down and chuckles at my remarks. I never have to demand for his attention very much, but I can recall a recent time when I was forced to form a solo kick line in front of the living room television. Apparently, there was an important football game on, but I had something important to say. Desperate times call for desperate measures. So with Valentine’s Day approaching, I have asked my dad to buy his joyful daughter a pair of sunglasses. I’ve explained that I have never had a Santa Baby, Be Mine Valentine or Easter Honey, so this year, it would be awfully nice if I received a Valentine’s gift from him. After all, I have my father’s last name, which means he is my provider. However, if a time comes that I share a gift exchange with a boy, we will not splurge on gifts. A twenty-five dollar homemade gift will be the regulations. Bringing a boy into the picture is not an excuse for me to make my Christmas Wish List longer. Stayed tuned to learn if my persuasive points encourage my dad to purchase the super sexy shades!

1 comment:

  1. Now Chas, I hope Keith doesn't remember those nice Gucci shades you begged for a couple years back that were permanently left in the drawer about 4 months later!!

    ReplyDelete