Monday, January 4, 2010

Sugar Plum Fairy

In Tampa, I met a few of my friends for a night of dancing. I love to dance. Everyone who knows me knows this. I’m best solo, and I don’t like anyone hanging on or trying to keep up. Being babysat on the dance floor is not my idea of a good time. So, on New Year’s Eve night, I was on the dance floor when I noticed a guy in the middle of some other friends staring at me. Excuse me sir, but what are you staring at. I like my dress, but do you really like my dress. A few moments passed, and I noticed that he was making his way towards me. I thought, oh this should be good, and I hope you are bringing your A-Game. His next words were quite surprising, You’re a Coyote Ugly! I immediately starting laughing and explained that I wasn’t. He said no, no you are, I have seen you before. He seemed serious as he tried to convince me that he had seen me prancing around in one of the famous locations, but Jordan assured him that I was not. We laughed and carried on, but the guy followed me around all night. I took his comment as a compliment. I can remember the first time I saw the movie. We were having a basketball team sleepover at Mary Jeanne’s lake house, and her mother had rented the movie for us to watch. Since then I have had a secret desire be a Coyote Ugly. I love to entertain. That’s why I am in the hospitality industry. I love hosting parties and meeting new people, and I’ll be the first to get on stage for a karaoke skit. I have a few songs stored in my memory, and I am ready to hit play.

No comments:

Post a Comment