Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Beaming and Beautiful

Yesterday, my Yahoo! Homepage featured an article with the title of “Teen Pregnancy Rate Up after 10 Year Decline”, and I could not get the headline off my mind. The entire day I thought about the topic because it broke my heart. Most people believe the reason I want daughters is so I can tie pink ribbons in their hot rolled hair, but the true reason is so I can raise them in a Christian home and send them into the world with a solid foundation. I’ve never been in the backseat of a car with a boy on a dark and dead end road, but I do know the temptations girls face. I have listened to girls as they talk about the physical temptations they have given into, and my heart goes out to them, because we live in a world that is so deceiving. In conversations, some girls say it’s too late for them to change and to have their innocence back, but it’s not. God is forgiving, and only He can renew a pure heart. Part of me, well actually, most of me, wants to give up my job search, and go town to town ministering to young girls. It is where my heart belongs, and it is why I tell Anna Margaret every opportunity I have, how much she means to me. My battle isn’t over, and I am still fighting the good fight. I have my family to thank as they continue to invest their lives into their cousin, niece, granddaughter or daughter. I have my friends to thank as they encourage me on my walk with the Lord. But ultimately, I have God to thank for placing the most amazing people on my path, for protecting my heart and for guiding my life. Without Him, I would be lost.

“Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body. Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own, you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.” -1 Corinthians 6:18-20

No comments:

Post a Comment