Friday, March 5, 2010

Wong in Wonderland

More times than not, I am overdressed to a plan penciled in on my calendar, and it’s because I can’t resist a cocktail dress. For formals, I would eat saltines to ensure I had enough cash to drop on the dress of my dreams, and for a few hours, I would dance, well, Em and I call it jazzercize, in a dress I had turned down a dinner at Niffer’s to purchase, thank you Premium for all those nutritious meals. Oh how a love a satin, fitted dress, David Meister perhaps. That’s what I chose for Charleston at least. But there is another designer who dallies in my bank account. Sue Wong, Sue Wong, Sue Wong. Her designs aren’t practical, and I love it. Mary Jeanne has a Sue Wong dress, actually, she told me the other day she didn’t even know where it was. In my mind, I thought WHAT?! We need to display that thing in the County Courthouse. In hopes that Mim J finds her dress stuffed in the back of her closet, I have been in the market for a new shimmy, shimmy get-up, and I have discovered the designer has a special collection in stores for Johnny Depp’s new movie. Her designs are quite enchanted.

Jazzercize: verb; the act of dancing in such a motion that is not common, causing a person to sweat unattractively. Usually leading to sweat stains and wavy, nasty hair plastered to the face.

Warning: May cause avoidance of friends and plenty of solo dance space.


No comments:

Post a Comment