Wednesday, March 3, 2010

... and in the beginning, there was Jennifer Love.

If you’re hosting a party to watch a special event on the tube, don’t invite me. I will end up talking, texting, daydreaming or shopping and ruining the moment for everyone. Anyone who has watched anything with me knows this as I ask obvious questions about the show or movie I am supposed to be paying CLOSE attention to. Take me to the theater and hide my phone. Trust me, it’s your best bet, and as much as I would like to write a blog about ABC’s The Bachelor, I can’t, because I didn’t watch it. I was invited to attend a gathering for the finale, and I accepted, warning the crowd I didn’t even know the two girl’s names that were left to accept the boy’s final rose. I ended up closing my eyes as I exclaimed, “Is this HBO?!” The mud slathering scene did me in, so maybe next season. But today, today will be different for my anti-TV characteristic. As Em and I have already scheduled our day around O-frah. She’s having a very special guest who I have a slight obsession for. Jess will be the guest of honor as promotes her new VH1 show, and you KNOW O-frah isn’t going to let her leave without addressing the John Mayer interview in the March issue of a magazine that I will not promote. The quote, we all know so well. She was an addiction. So daytime TVers, set your timer’s for 4 o’clock, because Jess is about to sound off on John. It’s going down in she-CAR-go.


Every time I think of Jessica Simpson and John Mayer, I think of this image. It has been permanently stamped in my memory. I love the way she is looking him, and to be honest, I’ve attempted to imitate the exact scene with a boy. You know, looking up at him with my big blue eyes, smiling halfway as if it were a smirk and toting a purse that costs more than I make in a month in the crease of my arm. Well needless to say, he missed the moment. I’ve got to find someone who understands me. John Mayer and Jessica Simpson in the Perth Airport… Get it? Duh!!! I mean really?? Who hasn’t seen this picture?!

1 comment: