Thursday, March 25, 2010

April 24, 1956

These are the grandparent’s who took me to Wal-Mart every year for my Birthday, the grandparents I would stay with on Saturday nights while my parents were at Supper Club, and I would fall asleep on their living room couch while watching Walker, Texas Ranger and America’s Most Wanted, the grandfather who worked at Talladega and the grandmother who teaches me how to sew. I passed my grandmother the other day in downtown Scottsboro, and I thought to myself, look at her, there she is, my beautiful Nana. My grandfather is a very, very lucky man.

Horace and Mona Rogers, Lena Rogers, Lymon Evans, Ms. Olene and C.P. Evans
my Smokin’ Hot Nana!

…on your mark, get set…



2 comments:

  1. this is fantastic you have these pictures. i have none of my family back in the day. :(

    ReplyDelete