Monday, March 15, 2010

The Kelly Griffith Show

I’ll never watch The Andy Griffith Show without thinking about the relationship between my dad and my grandfather, such humble, kind, caring, southern, God loving men. I love the show, but it’s only because it takes me back to the times I shared with them. I love gardening, clouds, birds and circus peanuts only because they loved these things. One of my favorite episodes includes the Darling family. This family appeared in six showings, as they would come down from the hills and travel into Mayberry. One time, Mr. Darling kidnapped Aunt Bea for his wife, which called for a comical rescue by Andy and Barney. I love good pickin’ hoe down music. I always sing this song, and I was thrilled when I found the clip on YouTube. It’s a classic. When I was younger, I would watch the show with the two of them at my grandparent’s house, and I remember thinking, one day, I bet my children, grandchildren and I will all sit around and watch re-runs of Saved by the Bell. Andy Griffith is to my dad, as Kelly Kapowski is to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment