Monday, June 28, 2010

Rollerskates on Social Butterflies

In the past week, Em and I have had eye-opening complaints of our ability to carry on a conversation. 2 scenarios, 2 girls, 2 true stories.

Emily Harmon:

Set the Scene: Em is in Scottsboro at a cook-out where she knows only the boy who asked her to tag along. She’s mingling by the pool, talking, as she has TOTALLY left her date to talk with the people he knows. She’s independent and social, she’s been on the Auburn social scene, she’s got this.

Response: So, word gets around in a small small town, and a mutual friend runs into one of the couples that were at the party, who says, “We met Emily last night, she sure is a talker.”

I told Em they were just intimidated, and that they had obviously NEVER been through Rush, but maybe a member of the Junior League.

Chasley Bellomy:

A Little Background: I received a new supervisor at work, and the lady who hires for the company told me of a conversation that was had between the two of them concerning their new hire, me, the new girl who only wants to meet people and LOVE them. I believe in working, but NOTHING will stand in the way of my social life. So driven. Hello Health Insurance.

New Supervisor: “I’ve heard Chasley is a talker.”-Negative Tone

When Em and I get together, we are loud. It’s always and will always be that way. We’ve been called out by our ADPi President when we lived on the Sorority Hall, and we’ve been called out by a third grader’s parent at the Mexcian Restaurant in Scottsboro. Lets be honest, in the past, we have probably driven some people away. But all in all, we have fun. We love to laugh, and we love to talk, and we hate awkward silences, so we do something about it.

Instant Messenger at work:

Cute guy I thought was single: Hey. Do you have plans for this afternoon?

Me: You mean after work?

Guy: Noooooo, around two. I need help filing.

What a bummer, and a day later he dropped the “me and my girlfriend” let down on me.

“There’s only two types of people in the world, those that entertain and those that observe.”-Britney Spears

No comments:

Post a Comment