Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Mountain High

On Sunday afternoon, Mark and I drove to the tiptop of Lookout Mountain where we reached the “castle in the clouds”, a place where for six years, one week of my summer was spent. Covenant College is the home of Summit, a Christian camp that is near and dear to my heart. The campers arrived shortly after we did, and we helped the chaperones, Mom and Pops welcome the junior high and high school students with open arms, hauling their luggage to the dorm rooms in my Sunday best and wedge heels. Many memories that I will never forget, always cherish and hold close to my heart have been made there, and many lifelong friendships have been formed there, like Mark. I knew I wouldn’t want to drive back down to reality after spending a few hours with old friends and new students, but I know God has me working with no earned time off for a reason, but next year, Lord willing, you can count on me being a “Mom”. I was able to see two of the girls who were in my family the last time I was a leader, and I can’t believe it had been three years since I had been up there. So this week, at the top of my prayer list is “Summit”, and I am asking you, as the week is coming to an end, that you will remember it in your prayers as well.


Summer of 2007, my first time as a "Mom". Go Green Hearts!

1 comment:

  1. It was a fun trip....even if you do drive like betty white and are a music nazi!
    Summit is one of those things that you really have to experience to understand. I'm thankful for the lessons learned and friends made from my times there....and who knows, maybe next year I come out of retirement!

    ReplyDelete