Monday, July 26, 2010

Singin' B

Every summer when I was growing up, I would spend a week with Derek and Rebecca in Auburn. Rebecca and I would shop in Atlanta, get pedicures, have dinner with her friends and run at the Coliseum. It became a tradition in middle school that carried on until I went to school at Auburn. But the first trip of the tradition was an adjustment. When I was sent back to Scottsboro, my Dad and Bec were e-mailing. She stated something to the effect of I never “shut up”. I never stopped singing. This was before Anna Margaret entered their lives, and they were comfortable with their quite, calm house. But it’s true. I sing all the time. I always have, and I have been involved in a choir since I was a toddler. So when my cousin popped the question, and they started making wedding plans, they asked me to sing at their summer nuptials. I’m preparing myself for August the twenty-first. The song is beautifully composed by Scott Allen, and I am so excited to be singing in my HOME-town.

No comments:

Post a Comment