Friday, July 16, 2010

Bed Buddies

I do love sharing the covers, but before we go any further, lets clarify that it has NEVER been with a boy. I will only wake up to ONE guy. Maybe it was two years of close quarters in Mary Lane and Berta Dunn that made me realize I don’t like sleeping alone, so Christmas Break of my freshman year, I nestled myself between my parents for three weeks. There I was between Keith and Lynette chanting, “There was 3 in the bed and the little one said, ROLL OVER, ROLL OVER!” My friends ragged on me after I told them of my “cozy” Christmas, so all this to say, I’m still not over being alone in the AM. My last month at Auburn, I was bunny hopping between Annie, Jordon and Emily’s room. It was great. I never had to make my bed. The girls were together this past weekend for a visit to Huntsville, and the tradition was no different. As Em dozed off while Annie tried to decide whom to sleep with, I pleaded, “Look at Sleeping Beauty, she doesn’t care, I am BEGGING for you!” Anne made the right decision and sweet dreamed under my Bella blanket. Even Anna Margaret sometimes gives me trouble. As I beg her to sleep with me while we are all staying at Mama B’s, she’ll say, “you don’t have a TV in your room”. I try to compromise saying we will just talk, but she won’t have any of it. She’d rather be beside Bec watching Demi Lovato. So, I am packing my bags for a weekend at the lake with my family, and earlier today, I told Bec to tell Anna Margaret she’ll be sleeping with me at the cabin, because I will have a TV in my room.

1 comment:

  1. chasley! i love to share the cover too, and always try to convince my roomies to let me snuggle, unsuccessfully! when i'm home, i never sleep by myself!

    ReplyDelete