Monday, November 1, 2010

To my Parents,

My aunt taught me to never start a “Thank You” note with “Thank You”, but sometimes, that’s all there is to say…

Mom and Dad,

Thank you for striving to love each other as Christ has loved you. Thank you for being loyal to each other. Thank you for sacrificing your wants, so that the other’s needs could be met. Thank you for staying true to your vows and yearning to raise me in a Christian home.Thank you for never asking me to leave the room so you could argue. Thank you for never making a rule of 50/50, because sometimes it’s 0/100. Thank you for giving me a place of peace to call home. Thank you for setting the example of a faithful marriage based on honor and respect, so that one-day, I could put my observations into actions. Thank you for being patient with one another. Thank you for allowing me to sleep with you when I didn't feel like being alone. Thank you for family hugs. Thank you for following Christ on the straight and narrow even though at times it might seem long and un-ending. Thank you for thinking of me as you live your lives together in this world that is full of Satan’s lies.

“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, and it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, and always perseveres. Love never fails…” 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

No comments:

Post a Comment