Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Mr. Freeze

Last Sunday, my pastor challenged his congregation to give up a daily spending habit in order to financially help our widows and orphans at Life’s Journey. He used his morning breakfast routine as an example, but for me, I was led to really think about how I daily spend my money. I don’t eat out everyday, I don’t shop everyday, so of course in my mind I was thinking, perfect! I have to sacrifice nothing! This is great, but God quickly made me realize I do in fact have a daily habit. I could not live without music. While I bathe, drive, cook, clean, I am listening to music. I buy music everyday, it helps me on my runs, and I always need something new to keep my mind off the strain of the Jones Valley hills. So, freezing my iTunes account will be a strenuous sacrifice, but before my decision went into effect, I had to buy T. Swift’s Speak Now album, one last Ka-Ching.

Personal Takes

Last Kiss,

“So I’ll watch your life in pictures… and feel you forget me… and keep up with our old friends just to ask them how you are.”

I was in the bathroom putting on my make-up when I first heard this song. I started crying because “I don’t know how to be something you miss.”


Better than Revenge,

“She’s better known for what she does on the mattress.”

Trust me, the good girl ALWAYS wins, and my vintage dresses are way better than your Express sale rack returns.

Enchanted,

“All I can see, is that it was enchanting to meet you”

From afar, I observed him and thought, 'oh, if only'. He was royalty in my book, but when the calling, asking and inviting came, I realized I wanted what I had already said good-bye to.


Mean,

“You can take me down with just one blow.”

I once met my match.


Dear John,

“My mother accused me of losing my mind.”

Lynette Bellomy flipped her lid and thought about having ‘Hardcore Dior’ take charge of the matter.


Back to December,

“How’s life, tell me how’s your family? I haven’t seen them in a while.”

I see this scenario in my head every other day. Preparing myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment