Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tears and Twenty-Two

Composed enough for a Snapshot

As my Nana watched me apply make-up for my birthday dinner, I warned her, “I am nothing shy of an emotional train wreck. I could break down at any moment.” It was wartime with the tears, and I would occasionally loose a battle. From Em’s breakfast table reading of her guest blog, that did not include a few tears peacefully sliding down my morning cheeks, but instead, hands cupped, covering my face, sobbing as I was doubled over the coffee I was attempting to brew, to the banner over my desk at work, to John Lyda’s voicemail that is one for the books, I had to gather my composure before walking back into the office, thanks for being my #1 fan, to Lamar calling with Lilli and Sawyer singing/screaming “Happy Birthday CHAAAAAAA-AAAASSSSSSSS!” in the background, to my dozens of calls and text messages, to my friends blowing up my Facebook wall, to Becdie’s first words in her e-mail, “to our sweet little Chas”(thanks for my People subscription…EEEEK!) and to our family dinner at 801 Franklin, I have never been so touched in my life, and as I am typing this post, the tears are streaming as I remember yesterday. I have so much thankfulness and gratefulness in my heart. I am so thankful that God has placed each and every one of you in my life, and if I could go on Regis and Kelly and call each of you by name, I would, because you impacted my day so greatly. You touched my heart, and like He always does, God captured my heart. I am reminded I serve a God who deeply cares and loves me. To him I give the glory and to him I give thanks. It’s a really good thing Birthday’s are once a year, because I am still a mess. I’ll recover and the tears will disappear, but my heart will forever be touched. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment