Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Pearly Gates

I used to think that any boy from Scottsboro would understand me. But there is something other than the Country Cottage and the Wildcats they need to understand, and that is my heart, because my heart and my life are dedicated to Jesus Christ and His kingdom. I am a citizen to a place that is far more worthy of any earthy location. So for someone to understand me, they would have to have a heart that follows after Christ. I am devoted to His service and home. I will follow His ways and obey His commands.

“Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory.”-Colossians 3:2-4

“Then He said to them all: ’If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.’”-Luke 9:23

“Marriage can be that holy place, the site of a relationship that proclaims God’s love to this world.”-Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment