Monday, August 9, 2010

Rec-A-Mended

Every friendship is unique, personal and different. Mary Quince and I have a friendship that will never be broken. She has always been there, and she will always be there. She takes good care of me, and she exemplifies the kindness and thoughtfulness of caring friend.

Written on my box of party cookies,

Green is for August Peridot. Gold is for the Glam and Glitzy. White is because you’re pure as snow. Pink is because it’s just so CHASLEY, Happy Birthday! Love, Mary Quince


“I found out what the secret to life is: friends. Best friends.”-Ninny Threadgoode

On Sunday afternoon, I traveled to Scottsboro to see Mary Quince. My sweet friend had been instructed to “take it easy” for a few days after surgery, so I made my way to our hometown to keep her company. Me, Lauren and Mary Quince sat laughing and catching up around the kitchen table like we had so many times before.

Super Pumped about Bed Rest.

I wrote Mary Quince a little rittle to thank her for mine,

From day care to health care, you have always been there.

With your contagious spunk, you could get anyone out of any funk.

You don’t know how much you have meant, and I count the blessings of every moment spent.

You’re one of my friends who have and will always be there, you’re too cherished not to share.

So from my heart to yours, I love you, and I don’t know what I would do without you.

Thursday morning, before her surgery, I sent my dad and e-mail, asking if he knew of any scripture I could send Mary Quince. I told him it was a competition between him and Mom, no pressure.

“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”-Deuteronomy 31:6

“I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.”-John 14:18

“Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.”-Psalms 23:4

“But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds…”-Jeremiah 30:17

1 comment: