Monday, April 19, 2010

Neon Lights

More times than not, I am listening to Miranda Lambert on my iPod. I’m a huge fan, and I think it’s because I relate to her so well, or at least I think I relate to her so well. This is when my imagination gets the best of me, and I pretend I am on stage. For instance, The House that Built Me, her latest on the radio, I love our little house on Clemons Road, and I can’t imagine anyone else living here. Desperation there’s danger in frustration, I understand that. “All the things that make you made, and all the baggage in your past, don’t leave much room for a girl like me to be”, “It’s too bad didn’t have a chance to make me your best friend”, “Don’t worry about me, I got a wild card up my sleeve”, “When the lights go down, I won’t be around”, “If He could calm the storm and heal the blind, then I bet He could understand a heart like mine” are a few favorite lines from her compositions. But, Miranda has slipped one on me. I just discovered it, because it is not on iTunes or any of her CD’s. It’s the only thing my Mac has been playing lately. Poor Em. The song says it all, and the secret is out.

No comments:

Post a Comment