Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The One and Only












Happy Birthday, to my forever friend…

We were driving down I-85. It was a hot and humid Sunday afternoon in July, a typical summer day in the South. Chasley and I were headed south towards Birmingham to shop. If you have been around the two of us for more than 10 minutes, you know that we are usually laughing. Laughing and talking LOUDLY that is. Not this afternoon. As Colbie Caillat’s “I Never Told You” is playing over and over again, tears are running down my beet red cheeks. Do you have a friend who always sticks with you? Even when you’re a mess? Someone who encourages you? Someone who will just be sad with you? Through the ups and downs of the past year, Chasley has not once left my side. She is constant. She is loyal. Just last week we were chatting about running and boys and the cute new dress she snagged at Unclaimed. One day we will be talking about the latest Polident cream for our dentures. I will probably call Chasley and tell her that my roomate at Hillsprings nursing home is driving me crazy. When I break my hip for the first time, I know that Chas will be at my bedside with fresh flowers. Yep, we will be friends forever.

Chasley, I am so thankful for the friend that you are. You encourage me by the way you love people. You constantly put others before yourself. You have one of the biggest hearts I have ever seen. I am proud to call you my friend. I consider your family my own. Happy Birthday. May 23 be your best year yet.

Proverbs 31: 30-31 “Charm is deceptive; and beauty does not last; but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised."

I love you,
Em



No comments:

Post a Comment